Friday, April 4, 2014

90 Miles Outside Chicago...



If I could ask God just one question: "Why aren't you here with me?"

So this song was an old song from a long time ago from a band I don't even think exists anymore, The New Radicals, but I have been ninety miles outside Chicago.

Nonetheless, I guess I will continue on the melancholy rant of lost loves.  No, this song doesn't make me think of anyone in particular, but it is another one of those songs that just breathes emotion.

I have no idea of how the relationship went, but I do know this, it didn't end too well:

I bought a ticket to the end of the rainbow
I watched the stars crash in the sea
If I could ask God just one question
Why aren't you here with me?

A ticket to the end of the rainbow?  Watched the stars crash into the sea.  Ouch!  Sounds serious to me.  Again, I have no idea who the song was written for and actually I think it was written by Danielle Brisebois, but ouch.

Hopefully you are having a better Friday night.  Enjoy the music, enjoy the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment