Friday, January 31, 2014

Feeling Good...



For tonight's edition of Friday Night Music I am working, but who minds work when you get to enjoy your job?  That being the case, I am going with Nina.

The name alone should say it all.  When I hear the name I only think of Nina Simone.

While commonly a love song, there are lots of other elements here.  The opening stanza, like the others...

Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

The answer is like a bird in the sky or the sun up where it is, she is where she belongs.  Theoretically with her one, but just as easily, when you belong, be it relationship, work, community organization is it easy to "feel good" and be one of the faithful participants knocking out the work?  In any case, this is my song for this Friday.  Enjoy and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment