Friday, September 11, 2015

A Tuesday We Wish Didn't Happen, But One Not To Forget...




Tuesday is an easy song for me to like.  The song, by Five For Fighting, reminds us of Tuesday morning September 11, 2001...fourteen years ago.

Lyrically I think I like how the song runs that Monday was just another day and here comes Tuesday.  Of course tragedy struck that Tuesday morning and the question would be how would we respond.  The song continues that (another) Monday is on its way and I like the metaphor that by the start of the next week, America was recovering.  We were moving on and finding how we could cope and recover with the awful destruction we had seen six days earlier.

I realize this is not my normal for a Friday Night Music entry, but I hope the song lets you remember where you were when the world kind of stopped and we had to face a new reality.  Have a good weekend.  Stay safe and be well.




No comments:

Post a Comment