Monday, November 11, 2013

Debts That Are Hard To Pay



Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. American will never forget their sacrifices. - Harry Truman


When I think of heroes, my grandfather always came to mind for the sacrifices he and his generation - The Greatest Generation - made for each of us.

I didn't get to know any of my great grand fathers so it was a blessing for me that at least my eldest son got to meet one of his.  Somehow I think they would have gotten along very well if my grandfather had me it another few years.  When you consider the effort and work that goes into serving our military, remember those wrinkled faces and gray hairs.  Those that said yes when they might have said no, or gone to Canada, or any number of other things to avoid service.

No comments:

Post a Comment