Wednesday, July 16, 2014

** All Point Bulletin -- All Points Bulletin: For Safety's Sake...


I apologize.  I am truly sorry to interrupt my regularly scheduled blogging, but I have to raise awareness on a serious issue affecting those who take selfies.

Okay, granted it might be argued that those who take selfies may have a body image mental health issue I think we may have missed the point.  In Spain, authorities are seeking a man for taking a selfie - while he participated in the Running Of The Bulls.

Their concern is that by taking photos or videos, he is creating a danger.  Let me say that....by taking photos and/or video while running with bulls is dangerous.  The running of the bulls they are not too worried about, but you shouldn't take a photo while doing it.  What?

Somehow I think the point will be missed and personally I hope this guy gets away with it, but the authorities desperately need to re-think the strategy on this one as it isn't the picture taking which is all that bad.

Granted I realize there is all kinds of danger in engaging in a dangerous activity, such as bull running, but the San Fermin Festival rakes in the cash I am sure as thousands of people descend upon Pampalona entirely for the purpose of running with the bulls.  As for those around him, they exposed themselves to a similar danger by running with the bulls and are in no greater danger from them than they were before.  This is I suspect the experience of a lifetime and I hope to do it myself before I can not play along with the younger crowd.

I hope that those who have no issue allowing people to endanger themselves for sport will not endanger their wallets too simply because they want to record it.  Ahem.



No comments:

Post a Comment