Monday, July 7, 2014

Ground Zero Victory


Forgive me that I do not understand atheists and the offense they take at other people's religion.  If you believe there is no God, why are you offended that I have one?  If you are sure that you are right, really you must simply look at me as childish.  If I am accused of having a child like faith in my Lord and savior, so be it.

Well, a similar message was given earlier to the atheists who are "offended" by the Ground Zero Cross.  What about the Cross violates your rights the federal appeals court asks as it should.

If indeed, atheists believe there is no God then the two steel beams should be regarded as just that.  Together they are certainly no worse than some of the other "art work" eyesores that seem to populate downtown neighborhoods across the United States.

If on the other hand, they are admitting that they have a deeper issue, one that requires reflection, and that the Ground Zero Cross represents something more.  Well, that is something else entirely.  It is at that moment that the atheists who brought the suit should consider their own issues of morality and life.  Perhaps their suit is an admission that the Cross does represent something more than downtown art work and if that is the case, can they truly call themselves atheist anymore?

In any case, if my choice is being on the side of God or believing Earth is the creation of gas, I will take God's side as I remember the movie Oh God and suspect George Burn's lines about finding the theory offensive to be true.  In any case, score a victory for the cross it looks like on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment