Friday, June 20, 2014

Desire Or Boredom?




Grrr....I hate catchy music that has less than catchy lyrics.  I guess I don't hate the lyrics that much because I am presenting Maroon 5 for their Friday Night Music debut with a song that is guilty: catch music, less than stellar lyrics.

I heard someone refer to this song as a neutered passiveness when it comes to love.  Well stated.

The argument goes every other song out there has a lyrics about "I want to love somebody, I want to dance the night away."  Still, where is the rest of it?

"If I fall for you, I'll never recover; If I fall for you, I'll never be the same."  Okay, I get the second, but the first?  Adam Levine has no songs about finding the next cheap love after this per son breaks his heart?  How does that happen?

Second, how is this love and not just lust.  He talks about expecting failure: "Love mt today, but leave me tomorrow..."  Where is the confidence.  I know I have been guilty of thinking that things wouldn't last and one thing leads to another, but why not think positive there Mr. Levine?  You might find yourself married.  Trust me, it could happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment