Friday, May 23, 2014

I Don't Forget...





 ...no, today and this weekend is not about hot dogs and fireworks, but is time for remembrance (I hope) of what this nation had to go through first to earn her freedom and then to keep it.

I love this song by Toby Keith because I feel like it embodies some of the national rage post 9/11.  While I prefer alternatives to war, there was a clear attack on our soil that day and the response America was able to deliver should have been awe inspiring.

We can talk another day about the merits of going to war and the Pax Americana or the foreign policy that has since followed it and its relative success and failures, but for today I bring you Toby Keith and "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue."

When you listen to it, remember not only the success we have had, but the thousands of losses as well.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment