Friday, May 9, 2014

The Science of Attraction...Or Not



Okay, so my concept of romance has been completely trashed by the TED talk I referenced in my earlier blog post.  That being the case and me needing to get my faithful readers something for their Friday Night Music collection, I am going with one of my favorite songs when I was an aspiring teenage guitarist: "I'm Not Your Man" by Tommy Conwell and the Young Rumblers.

I find the song itself a little bit funny.  Conwell takes on the role of the anti-knight in shining armor saying "You're looking for a hero, baby it aint me;" so much for chivalry I guess. Of course for me, I am just enjoying the juxtaposition of romance has nothing to do with attraction/love and this song which is the anti-love song I remember growing up.

I am sure there are others, but for now, this is it.  Enjoy the music Friday night ladies and gentlemen.



No comments:

Post a Comment