Monday, February 24, 2014

Daughters



If only I had known.

They say daughters are tougher than boys and I am sure we are probably fast approaching that age, but when you are the dad, or in my case, the papa, I don't see to many downsides.  I guess I am on the lucky side of the stresses of girls thus far, but so , so much better than good.

Nothing but funny watching you do your hair all up or try to paint your nails or keep up with your oldest brother playing baseball.  Those are all fine and dandy, but just sitting with me, ah, perfection.  (It's almost like watching a no hitter lose to a perfect game pitcher.)  When is our next Corda and Daddy night?

We could watch the Jungle Book...or Little Mermaid....or even just watch the crazy Disney channel.  No matter, as long as it's me and you and your mama and bubbas and sister.

Keep working hard in school and your papa will keep sending you flowers to school, even if they say I can't, or college or work.  You work on school and getting smart and strong and stay away from those smelly boys a little longer.

Happy birthday big girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment