Tuesday, February 25, 2014

DMS


So first big girl's birthday, then momma's birthday the next day.  What is a guy to do?

Whew.  I don't know how people did it back in the day, but I might say thank you Outlook.  On the other hand, my best man had a speech on my wedding day where he started out talking about how a wife is like a leatherman.  A leatherman?  Really?!?

You nod politely and listen and just go with it, but it takes a while before you say, yeah, maybe he was right.

It took me a while (and at least three children, if not all four) to get he was right.  People give me a hard time all the time because sometimes I call Dianne the horse, but the crux of that isn't she is an old nag, but that she is the work in the family.  She is also the glue that keeps everything sticking together and working.

Most of the time she let's me be the pretty one, the face of the franchise so to speak, while she get things done (and I am not the pretty one.)  She lets me be Babe Ruth, while she is Lou Gehrig, juggling grocery shopping with two boys' desires to play Minecraft, a budding princess who wants to have her hair done, and an infant...all the while supporting me while I hop scotch across the country and world talking EMS or disasters like I am at the upcoming Spring Fling Conference in Idaho or the South Carolina EMS Conference.

I have zero idea how she can keep #23 doing his homework, while #24 asks to have her hair done, while #12 is practicing baseball, and keeping #27 from eating something off the ground, but that is the whirlwind capability of my girl.  So....hopefully, I have not messed up her birthday too much this year as she asked for and is getting a toned down version, but either way, she is my queen, my princess and certainly my leatherman - the one part of my life I couldn't do without.







No comments:

Post a Comment